Pages

2006-04-20

Ken's Kosher Kitchen: The Deal

One Bedroom, Two Kitchens: My wife and I are not on the same page, religion wise. I'm trying to follow Torah, she's trying to follow the Gospel. While I was attending services at Congregation Am Echad in San Jose, California, she was up the road at St. Martin's Parish. Boy, don't try this at home. When we had the opportunity to move to Colorado Springs, Colorado, where there was no Orthodox minyan that I could pray with, I made a deal. I'll move away from this vibrant Jewish community only if you let me set up a kosher kitchen somewhere in the house. The assumption was that it would in addition to her kitchen. She agreed. And while it has taken a while for me to get underway, I have to say she has lived up to her end of the bargain. Schueller House.

No comments: